Dumpster Site Requirements
Delivery and Pick Up Access Requirements
- Larger dumpsters require more room with the largest (33 and 40 yard) requiring an area of approximately 10' wide by 26' long (room for the doors to open), with an additional 25' (minimum) of open space in front of it for the delivery vehicle.
- The area in front of the dumpster must be clear of all objects (vehicles, equipment, tools, excess debris, including snow) prior to delivery or pick up.
Service Charges, Trip Charges and Extra Fees
- All materials must be inside the dumpster. If material is hanging over the sides or above the top rim, it cannot be hauled and it will be subject to service charges.
Dumpsters (10 thru 40 yard including specialty dumpsters) may be loaded to a maximum gross weight of 20,000 pounds (10 tons). If a dumpster is determined to be grossly overweight and cannot be safely moved, excess material must be removed by the customer. A second dumpster may be requested at the standard rates to handle this material. If a dumpster is determined to be overweight when scaled, overweight fees will be applied.
- Asphalt, concrete, sod, tile, brick, rocks (except 10 yard special)
- Hazardous Materials (paint, solvents, batteries, etc.)
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners
- E-Waste (televisions, computer monitors, copy machines,et c.)
- If any of these types of items are found, special fees will assessed for handling and disposal of the items/materials.
- Roll off trucks are approximately 30 feet long, 10 feet wide (including mirrors, "auto tarper", lights, etc.) and 12 feet high with a maximum gross weight of 48,000 pounds.
- Access must be clear of low branches and wires and wide enough for a vehicle of this size with room to maneuver and deliver / pick up your dumpster. Tahoe Basin Container Service is not liable for damage due to inadequate access.
- Clearly mark both above and underground hazards such as low wires, septic tanks and utility box covers.
- If your property access includes a bridge, please confirm width and weight requirements above.
For further information
and current rates,
please contact us at
Photo by: Jennifer Ward, Customer Service Representative