Special Events Recycling
Thank you for including recycling as an important element of your special event.
Whether the event is open to the public or a private one, participants in this program will be enhancing the overall presentation of the event as well as contributing to the recycling effort, which ultimately benefits the community and environment.
It’s Easy to Request Special Events Recycling Service!
To request special events recycling service simply complete the forms and fax them, email them or drop them by our office. Please remember to submit your request as early as possible so we can reserve the resources you need.
- One recycling dumpster with locking bar
- Place your bags of recycling materials in this dumpster
- Six (6), 23-gallon blue recycling receptacles
- Twenty-Four (24), 23-gallon blue bags
- Place the blue recycling containers that are inside the 6-yard dumpster at strategic locations throughout your event. We suggest that they be next to trash receptacles so that people make the conscious decision to recycle. This will help reduce food and other contamination in your recycling containers. Place extra blue bags in the bottom of the blue container before lining with a blue bag. If it is windy, place one or two full water bottles in the bottom of the container.
- Assign specific staff/volunteers to check the blue recycling containers on a regular basis, every hour or so. When bags are full, they should be removed, a new blue bag placed inside the container, and the full blue bag placed in the 6-yard dumpster provided for recyclables. Loose, clean cardboard can also be placed in this dumpster. Be sure all cardboard is flattened so that you have adequate room in your dumpster for the bags of recyclables and the blue recycling containers at the end of your event.
- At the end of the day, collect the blue recycling containers, tie the blue bags up and place everything inside the 6-yard dumpster. If it is a two-day event, place a lock on the recycling dumpster so that trash or other contamination is not inadvertently placed in this dumpster.
- Your 6-yard dumpster will be picked up by STR as indicated on your application form. We will take your materials back to our Material Recovery Facility where our staff will sort the recyclables by type. The materials will eventually be shipped to processors to be made into new and useful items. Together we will reduce what goes to the landfill and put these resources to better use.
- Keep close track of the blue recycling containers. You will be charged $90 for the replacement of lost containers. Your application grants STR the right to enter the premises for delivery and retrieval of these receptacles. You will be liable for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the use of these receptacles. If you have any questions, please call 530.542.8301.