south tahoe refuse & recycling services
Dumpster Types and Sizes
Construction and Demolition Dumpsters
sizes: 6 yard, 10 yard , 15 yard , 20 yard, 33 yard, 40 YARD
dumpsters from 10 yards to 33 yards are available for construction and demolition
10 yard “special” dumpster available for high density/heavy materials such as concrete, asphalt, dirt or rock.
40 yard dumpster offered for higher volume jobs. Large volume, light-weight materials such as cardboard.
Green Waste Dumpsters
SIZES: 15 yard, 20 yard, & 33 yard
Green waste dumpsters allow plywood, siding, pallets, branches and railing.
15, 20, and 33 dumpsters are available for green waste. On special request we can also offer 40 yard dumpsters.
If you choose to lock your dumpster, South Tahoe Refuse must have the current combination. We are not responsible for lost, broken, missing, or otherwise unusable locking devices. Please make sure they are in working order and your bin is accessible for garbage removal. Thank you!
Delivery and Pick Up Access Requirements
Service Charges, Trip Charges and Extra Fees
All materials must be inside the dumpster. If material is hanging over the sides or above the top rim, it cannot be hauled and it will be subject to service charges.
If your property access includes a bridge, please confirm width and weight Access Requirements below.
On-Site Access Requirements
Roll off trucks are approximately 45 feet long, 12 feet wide (including mirrors, “auto tarper”, lights, etc.) and 12 feet high with a maximum gross weight of 48,000 pounds.
Access must be clear of low branches and wires and wide enough for a vehicle of this size with room to maneuver and deliver/pick up your dumpster. Tahoe Basin Container Service is not liable for damage due to inadequate access.
Clearly mark both above and underground hazards such as low wires, septic tanks and utility box covers.
Dumpster/Max Load Capacity
Dumpsters (10 thru 40-yard including specialty dumpsters) may be loaded to a maximum gross weight of 20,000 pounds (10 tons).
If a dumpster is determined to be grossly overweight and cannot be safely moved, excess material must be removed by the customer. A second dumpster may be requested at the standard rates to handle this material.
If a dumpster is determined to be overweight when scaled, overweight fees will be applied.
- Wet cement
- Asphalt, concrete, sod, tile, brick, rocks (except 10-yard special)
- Hazardous Materials (paint, solvents, batteries, etc.)
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners
- E-Waste (televisions, computer monitors, copy machines,etc.)
We are pleased to offer Rolloff/Debris Dumpster services. Great for construction sites and large cleanup jobs!
Construction and Demolition
CAL Green / LEED
A variety of dumpster sizes are available to suit any size clean up with specialty dumpsters for high-density heavy materials, stump removal and green waste.
Dumpster Rental Rules/Info
- Dumpsters are rented for one calendar week (7 days) or for one (1) dump, whichever occurs first.
- Rental is charged per day after seven days if the dumpster has not been pulled or returned.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to call for pick up/return and final removal of the dumpster. It is not automatically picked up after seven days.
- Please call at least one business day before requested delivery/pick up service.
- Dumpsters are delivered and picked up Monday thru Saturday beginning at 4 am
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make certain the dumpster is ready and available for pickup. If the dumpster/storage box is equipped with doors or tailgate, these must be closed and secured before pick up.
Request a Dumpster
In order to send a request for dumpster rental, please fill out the form below. You will be contacted by one of our colleagues shortly. Thank you!