Collection trucks run Monday-Friday including ALL holidays.
We are pleased to offer a variety of containers and services to our commercial customers. All containers must be available for service by 4 am on the scheduled pickup day(s)
Up to 5 days a week (Monday-Friday)
Call before 5 pm on the business day before the requested pickup day.
- Do not park cars in front of, near, or in the path of the container and/or enclosures. Our employees need room to maneuver containers without damaging nearby objects or cars. Containers with wheels are sometimes unpredictable and may shift suddenly.
- During the winter months, snow and ice must be removed from all sides, top, and the path to the container.
- Enclosure doors and gates must be clear of cars, snow and ice, and any other obstacles. They must open beyond 90 degrees to avoid damage to them.
- Collection trucks are 40 feet long and 8 feet wide. Please try to make the access approximately 50 feet long and 12 feet wide so that the drivers have room to maneuver into your container access without damaging anything.
- It is understood that these conditions are not always within your control and our drivers will do their best to complete your service as contracted. However, repeated trips due to containers not being available will be subject to service charges. Returning repeatedly increases fuel and time costs as well as related environmental impacts.
- Be advised that when severe winter conditions are present, there are times that our employees will not be able to move the container by hand. It is the driver’s discretion to use a tow chain to pull out the container for access. If this is done, after emptying the container, the driver will leave your container in a safe location on your property and return it to its normal location when the snow and ice have been removed.
- When pickups are missed, please contact us as soon as possible for rescheduling.
- If your garbage was not picked up due to your container(s) not being accessible for pickup, please resolve the issue before calling.
Containers are available for rent through Tahoe Basin Container Service, ranging in sizes from 1 cubic yard up to 6 cubic yards and may have the following features:
Suggested where the container will need to be moved for loading or service by our employees.
- For safety and serviceability, wheeled containers must be placed on a level, paved surface.
Suggested where the container will be placed on a sloped surface or will not be required to move for loading or access.
- For safety and serviceability, skidded containers must be placed on a hard, level surface.
- Lid styles range from plastic to metal with bear-resistant features.
- A “locking” bar suitable for a quick clip is installed on most covered containers.
- If you choose to use a lock, it is your responsibility to make certain it is unlocked and ready for service by 4 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day. We suggest using a combination lock and to notify our office of the lock’s code so we have the combination recorded for our drivers.